Carpet floors have been around for many years, and millions of homes and business have them installed. They come in countless different colors and styles, appealing to just about any person. While there are many great reasons to install carpet floors, there are also some not-so-great reasons. To help you personally decide if they are worth investing in, here are the top pros and cons of carpet floors.
Top Pros & Cons of Carpet Floors
Pros of Carpet Floors
- Warmth: Carpet floors deliver thermal resistance, meaning in colder seasons it will retain warm air longer than other types of floors.
- Comfort: Carpet provides a cozy and comfortable place to sit, play and work, an advantage over most hardwood materials.
- Safety: Carpet softens slips and falls, making it a great option for homes with small children.
- Styles & Colors: You can literally choose from thousands of carpet styles and colors, so your living space can be personalized to your liking.
- Noise: Thanks to computers, home theater systems and big screen televisions, your home has become as noisy as ever. In addition to being a comfortable flooring surface carpet floors also work as a sound barrier.
Cons of Carpet Floors
- Maintenance: Depending on your lifestyle, carpet often requires a high level of maintenance, such as occasional deep carpet cleaning and regular vacuuming.
- Sensitivity: Carpet is a very sensitive floor covering material, due to its ability to easily attract dirt and stains.
- Allergies: Carpet is highly susceptible to allergens such as mold, dust mites and pet dander. If you or a family member have an allergy or respiratory problems, hardwood or tile are other suitable flooring options.
- Longevity: Most carpets are manufactured synthetically, which tend to have a shorter lifespan than other flooring choices. Unlike carpet, flooring such as hardwood can last multiple generations.
- Style & Trends: While carpet remains a popular flooring choice, hard-surfaced floors continue to rise in popularity – also adding increased value to homes.
Looking to Install Carpet Flooring in Piscataway NJ area?
J Brothers Flooring offers professional flooring services to the Central NJ area. This flooring contractor serves towns such as Franklin Park, New Brunswick, Monmouth Junction, North Brunswick, South River, Millstone, Edison, Hillsborough, Green Brook, Bridgewater, Milltown, Somerset, South Brunswick, and many more. Contact them today at (732)214-1100, or visit the website.