Hardwood flooring looks great and lasts for years to come. Sometimes, trying to pick out the right hardwood flooring for you can be an overwhelming process. Here are some basic tips to help you make a choice:
Choosing Hardwood Flooring
- Solid or Engineered – First, you are going to want to find out whether or not you want engineered or solid hardwood flooring in your home. Both options have their pros and cons. You have to ask yourself where the hardwood will be placed. Certain areas such as basements have only one option to select from: engineered. You want to make sure this is considered first.
- Species – There are differences in the species of wood such as grain patterns, hardness, durability, color, and style. Oak, maple, and hickory are popular choices that all contain many features homeowners enjoy. Compare sample boards side by side so you can analyze the details they offer.
- Color – Next, you’ll want to decide what type of colors you think will match your home décor the best. This is usually a subjective matter but many homeowners love lighter, neutral colors because they have a tendency to blend well with almost anything.
- Width of Boards – Are you going for the illusion of more space? Then you’ll want to consider hardwood flooring options that feature wider board widths.
- Warranty – Hardwood floors are essentially an investment into your home. As a consumer, you want to know your investment is protected. Make sure the hardwood flooring you are interested in comes with a great warranty to keep you covered for several years.
- Reputation of Manufacturer – How long has the manufacturer been in business? Are they new to the industry? Do they offer a lot of variety? Do they have excellent, trustworthy reviews? Are there any awards they have won for various areas of performance? These are the things you should be considering before making a decision.
J Brothers Flooring offers hardwood flooring as well as other types of flooring and flooring services to the Central NJ area. This flooring contractor serves towns such as Bernardsville, New Brunswick, Chester, North Brunswick, South River, Millstone, Raritan, Hillsborough, Green Brook, Bridgewater, Westfield, Warren, South Brunswick, and many more. Contact them today at (732)214-1100, or visit the website.