When you’re considering new Edison hardwood flooring for your NJ home, you’ve got to think about some things. There are a bunch of different options of Edison hardwood flooring to choose from. To help you determine what’s best for you, here are some Edison hardwood flooring tips.
Tips for Choosing Edison Hardwood Flooring
- Pay Attention to the Species of Wood. Hardwood species’, which are mainly used, differ in durability, patterns, and color. Oak, maple, and cherry are among the most common species due to their hardness. Exotic woods like mahogany, and Brazilian cherry isn’t as durable, but are mainly used for their striking appearance. Most of these species are exported from South America and aren’t cost friendly, so make sure to find one that fits your budget.
- Choose the Right Color. Edison hardwood flooring colors range from blond to black, depending on species and finish. The color of your floor defines the color of other household items like curtains and decorating accessories. You should try to avoid sharp colors like red, as well as dull, lifeless tones. soft brown, and the color of mahogany are popular choices that match a wide range of decorating styles.
- Different Floor Hardness. In a household with pets and kids, it’s a good idea to choose the hardest wood species possible. Hard species, such as soft red oak, will withstand wear and tear, while softer species, such as pine, tend to show scratches. The choice between engineered and solid hardwood will most likely be determined by location, subfloor, and preferred installation technique.
- Maintain Your Hardwood Floors. Whichever you choose, preventive care, polishing, and proper maintenance can keep your floors looking great for years. You also have to keep in mind how much it costs to replace cracked pieces of your floor. Plank flooring is relatively cheap to replace and refurbish if a plank is cracked or damaged. If you have pets, trim their nails to avoid scratches, and place carpet runners in high traffic areas of your home like the entrance and mud room.
- The Type of Finishing. 95% of commercial Edison hardwood flooring is pre-finished, so finishing is an important factor that needs to be considered here. Pre-finished are mainly preferred here because they are not difficult to install and are not regularly dusty, also easy to clean.
Looking for Top Quality Edison Hardwood Flooring?
J Brothers Flooring is located in New Brunswick, NJ, and serves all counties in the Somerset, Middlesex, and Union County areas. If you are looking for a great hardwood floor, a great tile floor, laminate, carpet, or linoleum, call us today!