South Plainfield covering comes in many different types. Each one comes with its own advantages and disadvantages. To help you choose your South Plainfield floor covering, here are the main types along with their pro’s and con’s.
Different South Plainfield Floor Covering
- Paint. The advantages of paint are that it’s cheap and quick, easily repaired or renewed, and comes in many colors. The disadvantages are that varnishes frequently flake and may trap dust. It’s also difficult to get high polish and will not withstand constant wear from heavy shoes. Any floor defects are very visible.
- Linoleum. This type of South Plainfield floor covering is cheap, easy to lay, simple to remove, and doesn’t require any adhesive or other fastenings. However, it has the tendency to crack and the surface may flake away. It also tends to expand rather badly and create difficulties in fitting.
- Cork Linoleum. This type is strong, hardwearing, very pleasing in appearance and can be fitted very accurately indeed. It’s also soft underfoot and does not usually change pattern when worn. However, it is fairly high in cost compared to vinyl and may be slightly less wear-resistance.
- Sheet vinyl (or vinyl tiles). Sheet vinyl is an extremely hardwearing and there are moderately priced varieties available. It’s easy to apply and capable of covering many defects in older floors. There aren’t any major drawbacks.
- Glued parquet flooring. Advantages include an excellent appearance, hard-wearing, and one of the most luxurious of all floor coverings with good insulation properties. It’s also resilient underfoot and takes a high polish. The downsides include a high cost, requiring regular maintenance by polishing, and cannot be removed once it has been installed.
- Slotted parquet flooring. This South Plainfield floor covering is cheaper than the above type in some cases. It can be easily removed and replaced in another room or another house. But, it has the tendency to flex and, as with the solid parquet, requires a certain amount of maintenance. In certain conditions the pieces may slide very slightly on each other but do not consider this to be a major defect.
- Carpet. Carpet is luxurious in appearance, warm, reduces draughts, and has an excellent color range. It has good insulation value as well. However, it’s usually high in cost and requires regular cleaning and may trap dirt and dust. Some cheaper kinds fade and wear rather quickly, and the edges may curl.
Looking for Quality South Plainfield Floor Covering?
Choosing the rightSouth Plainfield flooring company for your home project is very important. If you are looking for a high quality, trustable flooring company, look no further than J Brothers Flooring. For over a decade we have provided the Somerset, Middlesex, and Union county areas with high quality flooring services. For more information call us today!