Unfinished hardwood flooring (and hardwood flooring in general) can be a great choice if you are planning to get new flooring installed in your home. Here are some reasons why you should consider unfinished hardwood flooring:
Reasons to Choose Unfinished Hardwood Flooring
- Longer Lasting – Unfinished hardwood flooring and hardwood flooring can last multiple generations when they are properly maintained and preserved. It lasts much longer than other forms of flooring like linoleum and carpeting through processes like refinishing.
- Great Choice for Asthmatics – Hard surfaces, like unfinished hardwood flooring, make it more difficult for allergens to penetrate and cling to the floor. It has no fibers, grout lines or embossing that can trap dust, pollen, particles, animal dander and allergens that occur with carpets. Tests by leading allergists have proven that unfinished hardwood flooring and finished hardwood flooring provide a healthier environment for these allergy sufferers.
- None of Capet Flooring’s Dangerous Health Risks – Chemicals used against carpet’s dust mites can cause Infertility, Birth Defects and Cancer. Carpet is likely to harbor known carcinogens such as p-Dichlorobenzene and other chemicals which have been known to cause hallucinations. Chances of being exposed to hazardous chemicals are 10-50 times higher in a carpeted room than outdoors.
- Environmentally Friendly – Unfinished hardwood flooring and wood flooring in general are the most abundantly renewable flooring material available. Sustainable forest management makes it possible to harvest wood without any serious impact on the environment, because trees are a renewable resource that can be replaced time and time again.
- Less VOC’s than Carpet Flooring – Certain carpet materials give off gaseous volatile organic compounds, or VOCs, which can cause headaches and respiratory problems for susceptible people. Unfinished hardwood flooring may emit some VOC’s for around 72 hours after finishing and installation is complete.
- None of the Toxic Phthalates Of Vinyl Flooring – Most vinyl flooring contains chemicals called phthalates which believed to be toxic and have been linked to a laundry list of ailments. “When kids play on the floor, they are exposed just as much as if it’s in the toys,” said Tony Iallonardo, spokesman for Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families. They travel from the floor into the air where we breathe them in.
- Unlimited Customization and Design Options – Unfinished hardwood flooring offers buyers the ability to have more control over their flooring design. You receive the benefits of a greater range of flooring options with multiple colors, design, finishes, stains and syles. You can also get reclaimed wood flooring stock that’s made from timbers salvaged from older structures or sunken logs. You can even have a stain color computer-matched to whatever shade you want.
- Increases Home Values – Homeowners have seen a higher return on investment, or ROI, if they sell their home with unfinished hardwood flooring. Most buyers today want them and they might be more likely to pass up homes with wall-to-wall carpet. If you have wood floors, and they are beaten up, your first consideration should be to refinish the floors. Most real estate agents state that you will get your investment back three fold on this.
J Brothers Flooring offers unfinished hardwood flooring and flooring installation services to the Central NJ area. This flooring contractor serves towns such as Bernardsville, New Brunswick, Chester, North Brunswick, South River, Millstone, Watchung, Hillsborough, Green Brook, Bridgewater, Milltown, Warren, South Brunswick, and many more. Contact them today at (732)214-1100, or visit the website.