With proper maintenance, carpet can last in your home for a long time. Unfortunately, like with most things, it will have to be replaced eventually. Today, we are going to talk about the indications of needing new carpet installation
Reasons for a New Carpet
- Carpet Stains – Are you covering up stains with furniture and rugs when deep cleaning and every product on the market just isn’t doing the trick? It may be time for new carpet installation. Most carpets come with a stain-resistant finish but, over time, the treatment dwindles and eventually leaves the carpet unprotected to spilled mess. There are special cleaning services, but old and deep stains may be permanent.
- Wear and Tear – If your carpet has seen many better days, and you find yourself putting rugs all over it and rearranging furniture to cover rips and tears, that’s definitely a sign that you are in need of new carpet installation. You might be able to fix small tears and rips yourself, or you can hire a carpet professional to make the repair. But large rips and tears mean there needs to be carpet installation.
- Stinky carpet – A lingering smell on your carpet can occur from neglecting cleaning it or if you own a pet. The odor should usually be gone or noticeably diminished after a proper cleaning. If this doesn’t work, then it means that the odor has penetrated deep into the carpet fibers, the carpet pad, or the subfloor. This could even indicate mold and mildew growth. New carpet installation is necessary if you are having these issues.
- Condition of Carpet Padding – Carpet is nothing but a layer of fabric without the padding. It helps support the carpet by working as a foundation and making it comfortable to walk and lay on. It buffers sounds and keeps a room quieter and even improves insulation. The padding can absorb spills which can’t always be cleaned by professional services. Signs of aging padding include unevenness, wrinkles and a crinkling sound when someone walks over it. If you are experiencing those problems, it is probably time for new carpet installation
- Increased allergies – Older carpets catch and retain more allergens and particulate matter overtime, which may cause your allergies to act up. An increase in allergy symptoms could be the result of your older carpet, meaning its time for new carpet installation.
- Your Carpet is Old – If you’re still using the 1970s shag carpet that came with your house, it’s definitely time for new carpet installation. Carpet doesn’t last forever, even with good care and proper deep cleaning services. Most manufacturers say carpet should last for 10 years with proper care. You’ll notice more and more problems with maintaining it’s condition and keeping it clean after those 10 years. When it starts to become frustrating, you know its time for new carpet installation.
J Brothers Flooring is a Central NJ flooring company that offers carpet installation services and more to towns such as New Brunswick, East Brunswick, North Brunswick, Bridgewater, Hillsborough, Somerset, Bernardsville, Piscataway, Franklin, Edison, Milltown, and many more. Contact them today at (732)214-1100, or visit their website.